The cost of your insurance premium is influenced by a multitude of factors, some of which include:
- The type of insurance chosen: the make and model of the vehicle you are insuring, and the driving profile of the primary driver and the more coverage / guarantees you select, the higher the cost of insurance.
- The type of vehicle you want to insure. The brand, model, and age of the vehicle have an impact on the premium because this information determines the cost of the repair.
- The profile of the driver: factors such as the driver’s age and driving history play a role in determining the premium.
- The bonus and malus rate of the primary driver as part of the driving history;
- The car’s location as street parking may increase the risk of vehicle damage.
Like in all countries, the reduction of premium is based on a no claims discount. It takes 13 years in France to reach its maximum 50%.